Founded in 1938, Nuova Fonderia di Castenedolo is among the largest cast iron foundries in Brescia, one of the most important steel districts in the world. The company has gone through more than 80 years of historical changes, both for the metal industry and for its own activity. In the ‘50s it becomes Fonderie di Brescia, with a production dedicated to small castings for the mechanical sector. In 1971 it changes its denomination to Fonderia di Castenedolo, specializing in large castings for the steel industry. In 1994 the firm takes its actual name and during this period, with an exponential growth, it reaches its maximum production capacity. From 2015 it is led by the third generation of the Piccioli family.